- Location Animations: "Use Relative Locations" toggle allows to define locations relative to the location they have when loaded.
This allows to design animations regardless of their final positions (and reuse them: like several of the same button at different places)
- Screen Configs: Users can now define custom Tags for checking screen configurations. These can be triggered through code like this:
- Better Image / Better Raw Image: Some settings (Better Image: Sprite + Color options / Better Raw Image: Texture + Color options + UV Rect) can now be changed per screen configuration.
This can be useful if you want to display different images per screen configuration tag (like the logo of the current OS) or if you want to use different gradient directions per orientation.
- Transitions: The new Transition mode "Custom Callback" allows to call a method or change the value of a variable when the transition state changes.
- Grayscale Material now has an "Amount" property which allows to interpolate between color and grayscale.
- Axis Aligned Layout Group: Added Support for "Use Child Scale" (Unity 2019+) and "Reverse Arrangement" (Unity 2020+)
- Better Scroll Rect: There are now sizers for horizontal / vertical scrollbar spacing (if visibility is set to AutoHideAndExpandViewport)
- Minor Changes
- Suppressed irrelevant warnings in the console
- Added Multi-Component-Editing Capabilities to Better Components (except Location Animations)
Note: this may not work as expected on all components, like TextMesh Pro (only showing the Better UI part)
- Unscaled time is now used everywhere in Better UI (UI should usually not be affected by time scale)
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed Update logic when Better UI elements are disabled
- Fixed Fallback Screen Config changes (values reset previously)
- Fixed Anchor Override for Canvases with Camera
- Fixed DPI Override list: possible to add / remove entries again
- Fixed NaN Bug in Anchor Override (was causing disappearing elements)
- Minor Changes
- SerializedPropertyExtensions allowing also ScriptableObjects now instead of Components only, so they can be used by the end-user in more flexible ways now.
- Anchor Override, Size Delta Sizer and Transform Scaler disable affected properties in RectTransform now.
- Resolution Picker Editor-UI improvements
- Bug Fixes
- Resolution Picker can create resolutions of screen configurations now also in Unity 2017.3+.
- Game Window doesn't recreate itself anymore.
- Game Window is not focused after re-compile anymore if Resolution Picker is open.
- Better Locator "Auto Pull" also work in Prefab Scene now.
- Anchor Override also work correctly now if the pivot of the parent object is being changed.
- Anchor Override updating logic fixed.
- Anchor Override doesn't throw NullReferenceExceptions in certain situations anymore.
- Custom static methods can be defined to calculate size changes for UI element variables
- Introduced "Anchor Override" to snap the anchors of an object to another object
- Introduced "Location Animations" to easily animate UI elements
- These Location Animations can be used in Better Transitions
- Introduced "Override Screen Properties" to control sizing through sub-areas of the screen
- Introduced "Interaction Area" which allows to define clickable zones without visual representation
- Added "GhostExampleScene" to show the new components
- Minor changes
- not found screen configs are marked in the inspector
- Improved Resolution Monitor Inspector
- Added Upgrade button for transitions in Unity 2019+
- Changed TextMesh Pro inspector to have less trouble with different versions of Unity and TextMesh Pro
- Bug Fixes
- Screen Configs where not evaluated on start of a build (responsive design didn't work without IngameResolutionMonitor)
- Color Transitions had a color multiplier of 0 instead of 1 after upgrading from Better UI 1.x
(Major version change because of huge changes and additional upgrade steps)
- Responsive Design: Design your app for different screen sizes, types and / or orientations!
- Screen Configurations introduced to define supported screens
- All controls updated to support all screen configurations
- "Better Locator" introduced to place elements differently on different screens
- Better Layouts: All layout components have "better" versions now
- Especially the "Better Content Size Fitter" has a lot of extra functionality.
- Tools UI improvements
- Color Overlay material for "Better (Raw) Image".
- A lot of smaller improvements and fixes
- Better Raw Image added with Gradient and Material options like in Better Image
- Align and Distribute Window added
- Snap Anchors Window: Bugfix regarding point and pivot mode with parent checkbox enabled
- minor refactoring
- Animation of shader properties stored in vertex information more intuitive (Hue, Saturation, Brightness -- compatible with animations of version 1.1)
- Added some predefined Blending Effects to all Better UI shaders: Normal, Additive, Color Dodge, Multiply
- Added a "Standard" Material which is like the Default material but can have assigned an Effect (see above)
- Added a Transition for shader properties stored in vertex information (Hue, Saturation, Brightness)
(version 1.1.1 was not released)
- Text Mesh Pro support! (Text, InputField and Dropdown)
- Gradients for Images (Horizonal and vertical. interpolates between 2 colors)
- Material System for Images with two performance optimized Materials:
- Hue Saturation Brightness (Shared Material between all images but values can be set individually)
- Custom Materials for Images can be cloned inside the inspector (no need to make a copy in the project window)
- Minimum Unity version is 5.4 now (it was Unity 5.5 before). However, it compiles also for Unity 5.3 and probably most features also work there.
- Default Scaler Size modifiers changed to scale uniform
- Toggle Transition logic improved to work better with normal transitions on the same object
- Fixes in anchor positioning logic of Snap Anchors window
- Snap Anchors window has buttons with pictures now
- Warnings eliminated
- General refactoring of the code base