- Minor Changes
- SerializedPropertyExtensions allowing also ScriptableObjects now instead of Components only, so they can be used by the end-user in more flexible ways now.
- Anchor Override, Size Delta Sizer and Transform Scaler disable affected properties in RectTransform now.
- Resolution Picker Editor-UI improvements
- Bug Fixes
- Resolution Picker can create resolutions of screen configurations now also in Unity 2017.3+.
- Game Window doesn't recreate itself anymore.
- Game Window is not focused after re-compile anymore if Resolution Picker is open.
- Better Locator "Auto Pull" also work in Prefab Scene now.
- Anchor Override also work correctly now if the pivot of the parent object is being changed.
- Anchor Override updating logic fixed.
- Anchor Override doesn't throw NullReferenceExceptions in certain situations anymore.
- Custom static methods can be defined to calculate size changes for UI element variables
- Introduced "Anchor Override" to snap the anchors of an object to another object
- Introduced "Location Animations" to easily animate UI elements
- These Location Animations can be used in Better Transitions
- Introduced "Override Screen Properties" to control sizing through sub-areas of the screen
- Introduced "Interaction Area" which allows to define clickable zones without visual representation
- Added "GhostExampleScene" to show the new components
- Minor changes
- not found screen configs are marked in the inspector
- Improved Resolution Monitor Inspector
- Added Upgrade button for transitions in Unity 2019+
- Changed TextMesh Pro inspector to have less trouble with different versions of Unity and TextMesh Pro
- Bug Fixes
- Screen Configs where not evaluated on start of a build (responsive design didn't work without IngameResolutionMonitor)
- Color Transitions had a color multiplier of 0 instead of 1 after upgrading from Better UI 1.x
(Major version change because of huge changes and additional upgrade steps)
- Responsive Design: Design your app for different screen sizes, types and / or orientations!
- Screen Configurations introduced to define supported screens
- All controls updated to support all screen configurations
- "Better Locator" introduced to place elements differently on different screens
- Better Layouts: All layout components have "better" versions now
- Especially the "Better Content Size Fitter" has a lot of extra functionality.
- Tools UI improvements
- Color Overlay material for "Better (Raw) Image".
- A lot of smaller improvements and fixes
- Better Raw Image added with Gradient and Material options like in Better Image
- Align and Distribute Window added
- Snap Anchors Window: Bugfix regarding point and pivot mode with parent checkbox enabled
- minor refactoring
- Animation of shader properties stored in vertex information more intuitive (Hue, Saturation, Brightness -- compatible with animations of version 1.1)
- Added some predefined Blending Effects to all Better UI shaders: Normal, Additive, Color Dodge, Multiply
- Added a "Standard" Material which is like the Default material but can have assigned an Effect (see above)
- Added a Transition for shader properties stored in vertex information (Hue, Saturation, Brightness)
(version 1.1.1 was not released)
- Text Mesh Pro support! (Text, InputField and Dropdown)
- Gradients for Images (Horizonal and vertical. interpolates between 2 colors)
- Material System for Images with two performance optimized Materials:
- Hue Saturation Brightness (Shared Material between all images but values can be set individually)
- Custom Materials for Images can be cloned inside the inspector (no need to make a copy in the project window)
- Minimum Unity version is 5.4 now (it was Unity 5.5 before). However, it compiles also for Unity 5.3 and probably most features also work there.
- Default Scaler Size modifiers changed to scale uniform
- Toggle Transition logic improved to work better with normal transitions on the same object
- Fixes in anchor positioning logic of Snap Anchors window
- Snap Anchors window has buttons with pictures now
- Warnings eliminated
- General refactoring of the code base